perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Mak <p...@animeglobe.com>
Subject RE: Comment from the outside
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:02:36 GMT
On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Jonathan M. Hollin wrote:

> :: -1 on using JS for usability improvements. If we have
> :: usability problems
> :: we should solve them, not to look for workarounds which don't work
> :: across all browsers.
>
> +1  Surely every browser supports JavaScript these days?

Apparently 12% of people have JavaScript disabled, according to this:
http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2001/December/javas.php

I'm the one who suggested JavaScript in the first place, but I think the
suggested alternative of putting underlines on the links in the navbar so
that they don't look like buttons is good too. If that will solve the
problem then we don't need to use JavaScript in the first place (which is
a bit more complicated to code, and isn't visible to 12% of people
apparently).