perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: a new local download widget next to TOC
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 16:39:20 GMT
Philip Mak wrote:

 > On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Jonathan M. Hollin wrote:
 >

 >>+1  This is a great idea.  I'd go with icons, no text whatsoever, put
 >>the file size in the "alt" tag so that it'll pop up on mouse-over...  I
 >>have attached a couple of example icons.
 >>

 > Note: Not all browsers display ALT tags. Strictly speaking, the ALT
tag is
 > for use when the image cannot be displayed. For example, in Opera's case,
 > the ALT tag is only displayed if images are off. However, you can make
 > mouseover text in Opera by setting the TITLE attribute of the <A> tag.
 > IE 5 also displays <A TITLE>, although older browsers do not.

Yup, that's why I was thinking that the icon's size should be about the
same hight as the letters: 568K or something like that.

Please notice that there is no space problem here, we've a plenty of
space to the right of the table of contents. So something like

icon: size
icon: size

would be nice. or

icon