perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From allan <lambre...@inet.uni2.dk>
Subject Re: mod_perl_site [design discussion]
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2001 17:19:09 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
> > http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/mod_perl_site/examples/top/top_ex.html

> very neat, I like it (the button). But it should link to #toc and not #top.

ok, agreed

> So what do you think, should we drop [toc] or [top]? or should we keep both?

i always thought both were too much so i defineltly vote for
toc only (this will also keep the widget small and not too obstructive).

> But that's the whole deal about having a consistent look and feel.
> Believe me once user gets lost and goes out of our site, he will notice.
>
> I doubt anybody notice where they are at the current site :) or :(

are you joking, with that breadcrumb, no-one is getting lost

> >>I agree though that we may want to mark specially outgoing links in the
> >>menu, e.g. some small icon?
> >>

> > which ones are outgoing from the menu?
>
> news@take23.org to start with. May have more in the future.

> Alternatively I suggest to have two menu bars once for the internal
> content and second for outgoing links? I dunno, just an idea. I'm not
> sure whether news@take23.org should go down. Unless someone decide to do
> the news on our site :)

well to my thinking i dont think any outgoing link belongs
anywhere in the mod_perl menu.
the mod_perl menu should be for mod_perl menu_items (items
that you can read about 'on-site').

but maybe two menus is not so bad an idea ...

./allan