perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org>
Subject Re: Comment from the outside
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2001 21:57:29 GMT
At 10:40 PM 12/27/01 +0100, allan wrote:
>> The other main point was that there's two table of contents -- the left nav
>> bar and the table of contents below.  He thought that was somewhat
>> confusing, and maybe just integrated with the sidebar nav (or some title
>> bar nav (site vs. content navigation)).
>
>i agree on this point but dont see a proper way to avoid it
>in the current designs around

One thing is commented on (although I don't know if it was a suggestion)
was to use the side bar for navigation to direct people to places you want
them to see.  Kind of a tour of mod_perl, but then use top-bar navigation
to get everywhere.  How to implement I'm not sure.  I should ask him for
some sites he considers good examples.

>> He also said the side bar navigation design in boxes makes you want to
>> click on the box, yet with the style sheet design you have to click on the
>> actual text.  I agree that's a bit awkward.

>doubleclick :-)) so in that sense i think they'll soon get
>the hang of it:-)

Sure.  We get into our web habits, of course.

>you mention it
>(http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/mod_perl_site/var_c/) does not
>work in Netscape 4.0x. do you mean it looks like crap or is
>it something that litterally doesnt work? i use netscape
>4.79 and everything is ok (only slighly worse than ie 5.0
>and opera 5.0, all macintosh)

Sorry, I hate it when people say "it doesn't work" ;)

Well on my Netscape 4.08 the "Welcome to mod_perl" is only an inch (sorry,
2.5cm) wide and all the text is in a column directly below it (the same
width).

Thanks for all your work!

--
Bill Moseley