perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Klausner <d...@zsi.at>
Subject Re: Comment from the outside
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2001 18:09:28 GMT
Hi!

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 06:14:48AM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> For those try the following links:  Note that although they are different
> renderings, it's not really dependent on style6 vs. style7.  Netscape seems
> to get confused, as they both start out looking like style7, but then (in
> the case of style6.png) redraws the screen when I scroll or resize.  I've
> had to limit my use of some sytle settings with Netscape.
>
> http://hank.org/images/style6.png
> http://hank.org/images/style7.png
This is caused by a bug in Netscape. If you resize your browser and the page
is using CSS, then all CSS information is lost an the page is rendered as if
there were no style sheets. If you press RELOAD after resizing your
browsers, the CSS stuff is there again. As someone said on the mod_perl
mailing list, compared to NS 4.x, Win 95 looked bugfree :-)

> Actually, that simply style7.png is kind of nice to look at.
Today I got my hands on a Netscape 4.X on Windows, it looked just like
style7.png to me. The only problem I see there is with the "ad" stuff (Did
you know...), but that could be solved by inserting some <br>s at the right
place there...

--
 D_OMM      +---->  http://domm.zsi.at <-----+
 O_xyderkes |       neu:  Arbeitsplatz       |