perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Klausner <d...@zsi.at>
Subject Re: Comment from the outside
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2001 21:30:18 GMT
Hi!

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 11:03:43AM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Finally, I never saw the argument for not using tables (I suppose I could
> search the archive ;).  I think it's cool when CSS works, but there's a
IMO (and w3.org's too) tables shouldn't be missused for page layout. The
problem with most so called web designers is that they know nothing about
how the web work (or how it should work). Just because everyone uses
Frontpage et al to generate bloated, bad HTML is no reason for me to do the
same.
As far as I got it (in 1994 when I started using the WWW) it should work
like that:
Use HTML to structure your content.
Let the browser render it as it seems fit.
(added ~95/96)
use CSS to tell the browser how to render.
Finally most browser are actually rendering CSS correctly, so I see no need
to use all those ugly hacks anymore.

www.webstandards.org

--
 D_OMM      +---->  http://domm.zsi.at <-----+
 O_xyderkes |       neu:  Arbeitsplatz       |