perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject using email addresses in docs
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:21:51 GMT
This is a SPAM related question.

I wonder whether we should use email addresses in the documentation. We
already avoid using email addresses of the mailing lists, and use the
foo-subscribe address instead.

I've noticed that Doug has stopped adding his email to the AUTHOR
section of the pods he has written. But how users find the author of the
   doc if there is a mistake in the doc and/or they want to send a
patch. Sending to the mailing list is not always the right solution.

So should we encode the email addresses to make it harder for the spam
spiders to pick it up, while still possible to get the address by
humans. Or do you have any other suggestions? Most of the posters on the
mod_perl list have their email addresses in the public domain anyway,
since most of the emails are freely accessible from the web and a few
archivers try to protect the addresses of the posters.

Thanks.

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/