perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve.m....@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1717474 - in /perl/modperl/trunk: Changes src/modules/perl/mod_perl.c src/modules/perl/modperl_env.c src/modules/perl/modperl_env.h src/modules/perl/modperl_perl.c t/response/TestModperl/env.pm
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 13:54:23 GMT
On 4 January 2017 at 13:27, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> this commit broke compatibility for mod_perl 2.0.10 with perl before version
> 5.14. AFAIK API function mg_free_type() used here was only introduced in
> 5.14.0. Since the above commit was titled "Add support for Perl 5.22.x.", it
> might be possible to fix this using a version dependent code path. But I
> don't know enough about these internals to suggest an appropriate patch,
> sorry.

Thanks for the report.

Are you in a position to try the attached patch, which I think should
be sufficient to fix it? (mg_free() removes magic of all types, but I
wouldn't expect any magic other than the type targetted by the
mg_free_type() call to be present anyway.)

If not then I'll build a 5.14 and try it myself, but I don't have one
to hand at the moment.