perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Klaus S. Madsen" <...@jobindex.dk>
Subject Automatic compiler flags for gcc 5 and clang
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 19:58:09 GMT
Hi,

Trying to get modperl compiling on a recent Ubuntu, I encountered the
"inline semantics changed" issue, which is also mentioned here:

To make compilation easier on gcc5/clang hosts, I've created the
attached patch, which automatically selects the appropriate c89 option,
when modperl is being built with either gcc 5 or clang.

I've tested the patch on Ubuntu 15.10 (with gcc 5.2.1), Fedora 23 (with
gcc 5.3.1) and FreeBSD 10.2 (with clang).

--
Klaus S. Madsen, Udvikler, ksm@jobindex.dk
Jobindex A/S, Holger Danskes Vej 91, 2000 Frederiksberg