perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Klaus S. Madsen" <...@jobindex.dk>
Subject Compile errors with SVN revision 1733039 for unthreaded perl
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 10:15:59 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking into upgrading our perl version to 5.22.1. Since mod_perl
2.0.9 doen't work with 5.22, I thought that it would be a good idea to
test the SVN version of mod_perl.

We compile our own perl, and we compile it without ithread support,
which the new env-support doesn't appear to work with. I get the
following compile errors:

modperl_env.c: In function 'modperl_env_init':
modperl_env.c:657:10: error: 'my_perl' undeclared (first use in this
function)
modperl_env.c:657:10: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only
once for each function it appears in
modperl_env.c: In function 'modperl_env_unload':
modperl_env.c:688:10: error: 'my_perl' undeclared (first use in this
function)

As far as I can tell, this is because pTHX expands to define a my_perl
parameter for modperl_env_init and modperl_env_unload if perl is
compiled with ithreads support. However without ithreads support pTHX
expands to nothing, causing the compile error.

To fix this, I've tried to simply delete the if (!my_perl) tests in
modperl_env_init and modperl_env_unload. I'm fairly sure that this is
safe to do for modperl_env_unload, since it is only called from
modperl_perl_destruct, which appears to have a perl interpreter
instance. However I'm not so sure for modperl_env_init.

Removing those two if-statements reveal that we should call
modperl_env_unload with aTHX as the parameter in modperl_perl_descruct,
so that the number of arguments is correct both with and without ithread
support enabled.

The attached patch makes both changes. Apply with -p0.

I've tested this against our "home-compiled" perl 5.22 where it now
compiles and passes the tests. I've also tried against the Ubuntu 12.04
supplied perl with ithreads support, which also compiles and passes all
the tests.

--
Klaus S. Madsen, Udvikler, ksm@jobindex.dk
Jobindex A/S, Holger Danskes Vej 91, 2000 Frederiksberg