perl-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Chiasson <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: CleanupHandler not always running
Date Sun, 27 Dec 2015 00:33:44 GMT
Could be the result of shutdown or graceful restarts. CleanupHandlers are synthetic to mod_perl
and are not specifically supported/guaranteed by httpd

See https://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/http.html#Possible_Caveats

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 26, 2015, at 14:37, Paul Silevitch <paul@silevitch.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Mod_perl-ers,
>
> I've got an app that increments a counter in redis in a PostReadRequestHandler and decrements
it in a CleanupHandler.  I'm noticing a small amount of cases where the counter doesn't get
decremented.  There are no segfaults but there are a small number of "Apache2::Filter internal
flush: (-3) Unknown error 4294967293 at -e line 0" messages.  Looking at the source code,
I believe a modperl_croak is getting called in this case.  Would this cause the CleanupHandler
to not run?  What exactly happens when modperl_croak is called?