perl-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kalu┼ża <jkal...@redhat.com>
Subject PerlInterpScope removed, the compatibility with threaded MPMs fixed
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 05:45:36 GMT
Hi,

as discussed in the thread about commit r1676417, I've removed
PerlInterpScope directive. The reasoning is described in the
http://svn.apache.org/r1682369 commit message, but I will paste it here too:

~~~
Remove PerlInterpScope directive as discussed on mailing list.
PerlInterpScope did not work correctly with httpd-2.4.x threaded MPMs.
For example when using 'PerlInterpScope connection' and multiple
requests are handled using the single connection, every request tries
to fetch new interpreter. This leads to deadlock soon, because we can
always have more requests than interpreters.

There are more situations like the one described above and the fix is
quite hard with the way how the usage of PerlInterpeters is designed
currently.
~~~

This and other changes I've done in trunk today should fix the
modperl-2.0.9-RC1 freeze seen with threaded MPMs on httpd-2.4.x. Could
you please test it?

If things will look OK, maybe we could release RC2 to let more people to
test it.

Regards,
Jan Kaluza