perl-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kaluža <jkal...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1676417 - /perl/modperl/trunk/src/modules/perl/modperl_interp.c
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 13:51:29 GMT

wrote:

>>> Hm, maybe stupid idea, but could we store the refcnt before the eval and
>>> reset it after the eval? I presume that perlinterp is valid for the
>>> evaluated code only when we are in the eval(), so if something increases
>>> the refcnt in the eval() and forgets the decrease it later, we could
>>> just decrease it ourselves using the set-eval-reset aproach.
>>
>> Not sure if we will be able to get modperl_interp_t * in these
>> functions...
>
> I found a way how to get modperl_interp_t *, but I don't think we will
> be able to cleanup after eval_*/call_*. We don't know what the right
> refcount should be. I will use the Perl_croak wrapper approach instead.

OK, this works as expected, but there's different problem...

The problem is that when PerlInterpScope is set to connection, the
refcnt is increased because of connection->pool cleanup method
modperl_interp_pool_cleanup.

The refcnt is decreased once the connection->pool is cleaned-up, but if
there are more requests being handled by the connection, the refcnt is
connection->pool cleanup is not called after the first request and
therefore the second request has to take another interpreter. This lead
to deadlock later with more requests coming.

What's the point of PerlInterpScope and how it should work ideally?

Regards,
Jan Kaluza