perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve.m....@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: release blockers?
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 07:29:20 GMT
On 16 October 2014 10:11, Jan Kaluža <jkaluza@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 10/16/2014 10:02 AM, Steve Hay wrote:
>>
>> On 16 September 2014 08:08, Jan Kaluža <jkaluza@redhat.com
>> <mailto:jkaluza@redhat.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 09/12/2014 07:05 PM, Steve Hay wrote:
>>
>>         On 12 September 2014 16:15, Niko Tyni <ntyni@debian.org
>>         <mailto:ntyni@debian.org>> wrote:
>>
>>             On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 05:01:36PM +0200, Jan Kaluža wrote:
>>
>>                 On 08/27/2014 11:55 AM, Jan Kaluža wrote:
>>

>>                     since we have mod_perl which compiles and works with
>>                     httpd-2.4, what are
>>                     the current blockers before we do some release with
>>                     initial httpd-2.4
>>                     support?
>>

>>                 Does the silence mean that we have no blockers? :)
>>

>>             Is t/perl/ithreads3.t working for everybody else?

[...]
>> Now omitted from the distribution as per Niko's suggestion: Revision
>> 1632231.
>

> Great, thanks. Do you know anything else we have to do/fix before release?
> :) I would like to so see some release with 2.4.x support soon :).

I still have failing tests on Windows, but have all but given up
trying to fix them prior to release. We'll just have to add a "Known
Problems" note somewhere since the tests are working fine on other
OSes.

I would also like to see a 2.4-compatible release soon, and will
hopefully get one out very soon now with the kindly volunteered help
of gozer :-)