perl-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kaluža <jkal...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Current httpd24threading branch problems?
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 08:27:04 GMT
On 05/13/2014 07:29 PM, Steve Hay wrote:
> On 29 April 2014 11:40, Jan Kaluža <jkaluza@redhat.com> wrote:

>>> I think it's mostly been me and you working on it, actually!
>>>
>>> I've said before that I need to fix some Windows test failures and
>>> then (assuming *nix doesn't have any outstanding of its own) I'll be
>>> happy to merge this branch into trunk and we can get a release going.
>>>
>>> My current list of failures is:
>>>
>>> Test Summary Report
>>> -------------------
>>> t\compat\conn_rec.t                   (Wstat: 0 Tests: 2 Failed: 0)
>>> [new failure for 2.4.x]
>>>     Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 4 tests but ran 2.
>>> t\modperl\local_env.t                 (Wstat: 0 Tests: 6 Failed: 1)
>>>     Failed test:  6
>>> t\modperl\merge.t                     (Wstat: 0 Tests: 10 Failed: 3)
>>>     Failed tests:  3, 6, 9
>>> t\modperl\merge2.t                    (Wstat: 0 Tests: 10 Failed: 3)
>>>     Failed tests:  3, 6, 9
>>> t\modperl\merge3.t                    (Wstat: 0 Tests: 10 Failed: 3)
>>>     Failed tests:  3, 6, 9
>>> t\modules\cgi.t                       (Wstat: 0 Tests: 5 Failed: 5)
>>>     Failed tests:  1-5
>>> t\modules\cgi2.t                      (Wstat: 0 Tests: 5 Failed: 5)
>>>     Failed tests:  1-5
>>> t\modules\cgipost.t                   (Wstat: 0 Tests: 6 Failed: 5)
>>>     Failed tests:  2-6
>>> t\modules\cgipost2.t                  (Wstat: 0 Tests: 6 Failed: 5)
>>>     Failed tests:  2-6
>>> t\modules\cgiupload.t                 (Wstat: 0 Tests: 2 Failed: 2)
>>> [with LWP only]
>>>     Failed tests:  1-2
>>> t\modules\cgiupload2.t                (Wstat: 0 Tests: 2 Failed: 2)
>>> [with LWP only]
>>>     Failed tests:  1-2
>>> t\protocol\echo_block.t               (Wstat: 0 Tests: 3 Failed: 2)
>>> [new failure for 2.4.x]
>>>     Failed tests:  2-3
>>> t\protocol\echo_nonblock.t            (Wstat: 0 Tests: 3 Failed: 1)
>>> [new failure for 2.4.x]
>>>     Failed test:  2
>>> t\protocol\echo_timeout.t             (Wstat: 0 Tests: 5 Failed: 4)
>>> [new failure for 2.4.x]
>>>     Failed tests:  2-5
>>> t\protocol\pseudo_http.t              (Wstat: 0 Tests: 13 Failed: 9)
>>>    [new failure for 2.4.x]
>>>     Failed tests:  3-8, 11-13
>>> Files=252, Tests=2938, 848 wallclock secs ( 2.26 usr +  0.36 sys =  2.62
>>> CPU)
>>>
>>> The ones marked 'new failure for 2.4.x' fail with 2.4.x but not with
>>> 2.2.x so they are particularly worrying for 2.4.x support, but note
>>> also that *none* of the above tests fail with 2.2.x when using trunk
>>> (or mod_perl-2.08), which is also quite worrying.
>>>
>>> What is the current state of play on *nix? Which tests, if any, fail
>>> using:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I've had finally some time to do the tests. It's run on Fedora 20,
>> httpd-2.4.9 and httpd-2.2.23. See below.

> [...]

That sounds great :). From my point of view it's good plan. I would vote
for releasing some alpha version so we could get some more testing like
the one provided by Alexander earlier this week.

For me the Linux version is working properly on Fedora, but on different
distributions and systems we could find out more bugs like that one, but
without anyone else testing httpd24threading branch it will be quite
hard to move with httpd-2.4 support.

Regards,
Jan Kaluza