perl-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kaluža <jkal...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: 2.4 threading branch and apxs missing MPM_NAME
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 13:03:39 GMT
On 04/28/2014 02:57 PM, Torsten Förtsch wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> On 28/04/14 13:22, Jan Kaluža wrote:
>>>
>>> We should by default require a Perl built with "-Duseithreads
>>> -Dusemultiplicity". If the user explicitly wants it, we should also
>>> accept a Perl built with "-Uuseithreads -Uusemultiplicity".
>>>
>>> All other combinations should be refused.
>>
>> Can you please check attached patch? If I understand you correctly, it
>> should do what you propose.
>
> Can you please check what the difference between NONTHREADED_OK and
> NO_THREADS is. They seem to serve the same purpose.

I've checked that before sending the patch and it looks like this option
is not used by anything:

$ grep "NONTHREADED_OK" -R .
./lib/ModPerl/BuildOptions.pm:NONTHREADED_OK 0    Using a non-threaded
perl is okay with httpd >=2.3
./blib/lib/ModPerl/BuildOptions.pm:NONTHREADED_OK 0    Using a
non-threaded perl is okay with httpd >=2.3

I think we can remove that option, or if you like this name better, I
can use it in my patch.

> Torsten

Jan Kaluza