perl-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please delete old releases from mirroring system
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:12:57 GMT
On 27 January 2014 09:21, Steve Hay <steve.m.hay@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 31 December 2013 17:53, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It's also quite unusual to have a browsable copy of the source on the
>> ASF mirrors.
>> This doubles the amount of space taken, and is not scalable.
>>
>> It would be better to provide a link to the SVN tag.
>>

>> Also the download page should have links to the KEYS file, and to the
>> hashes and sigs for each downloadable item.
>> Have a look at the httpd download pages for examples of how it can be presented.
>>

> This is all now done in
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/perl and
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk/src/download/index_top.html

It looks like the you are not yet using svnpubsub for your release directory.
So either you need to copy the md5 and sha1 files to
/www/www.apache.org/dist/perl or you need to raise a JIRA for infra to
convert you to svnpubsub.

Or you could do both; copy the missing files from dist/release/perl
now, and then svnpubsub will take over.

> We just need to regenerate
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/site/download/index.html from
> the latter and we should be all good then.
>
> So does anyone know how/where (on people.apache.org? as perlwww?) we
> run the script to regenerate the site from
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk???

As far as I can tell, you are using svnpubsub for the website, so that
will depend on whether you are also using CMS.