perl-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kaluza <jkal...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl head build with httpd 2.4.6 on Linux results
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 20:05:57 GMT
On 11/07/2013 06:23 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 1:53 AM, Jan Kalu┼ża <jkaluza@redhat.com
> <mailto:jkaluza@redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 11/06/2013 10:38 PM, Steve Hay wrote:
>
>         On 6 November 2013 18:42, Fred Moyer <fred@redhotpenguin.com
>         <mailto:fred@redhotpenguin.com>> wrote:
>
>             On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Steve Hay
>             <steve.m.hay@googlemail.com
>             <mailto:steve.m.hay@googlemail.com>> wrote:
>

>                 On 6 November 2013 17:55, Fred Moyer
>                 <fred@redhotpenguin.com <mailto:fred@redhotpenguin.com>>
>                 wrote:
>
>                     Greetings,
>
>                     I've been tracking the httpd 2.4 dev work that Steve
>                     has been merging to
>                     trunk,
>

>                 I haven't merged anything into trunk. I created a new
>                 branch called
>                 httpd24threading, copied from httpd24, and then merged
>                 the threading
>                 branch into that. I was hoping that it would fix an
>                 interpreter/threads-related problem that I was having on
>                 Windows with
>                 the httpd24 branch, and it does indeed seem to have done.
>

>             Clearly I need to pay better attention here... I'll check
>             out the
>             httpd24 branch and give that a whirl instead.
>

>         Nooo! Check out the httpd24threading branch and give *that* a
>         whirl!!!
>         *That*'s the one that I think we should merge into trunk when we're
>         happy with it, and if I read Jeff's latest post correctly then
>         things
>         are better than I thought -- it looks like the Require line parsing
>         problem isn't actually a problem at all right now, and won't be
>         until
>         such time as PerlAddAuthzProvider is updated to allow an
>         optional 2nd
>         handler. So I think we can at least punt that issue into the future
>         for now, and worry about it if/when PerlAddAuthzProvider is
>         enhanced.
>

>     Latest httpd24threading looks OK on Fedora for me. It passes/fails
>     the same tests as in older "httpd24" branch.
>
>     cgi,t related failures are caused by r1491887 (Pointed that already
>     in some older mail to this mailing list). compat/conn_rec.t is
>     caused by client_addr vs. remote_addr I was not able to fix in
>     httpd24 branch.
>

> Is this the complete set?  (cgi.t, conn_rec.t?)  I'd like to compare
> what others are seeing with my Windows results.

On Fedora 19 with httpd-2.4 and httpd24threading branch I get only
following failing tests:

t/compat/conn_rec.t                   (Wstat: 0 Tests: 2 Failed: 0)
   Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 4 tests but ran 2.
t/modules/cgi.t                       (Wstat: 0 Tests: 5 Failed: 2)
   Failed tests:  2, 5
t/modules/cgi2.t                      (Wstat: 0 Tests: 5 Failed: 1)
   Failed test:  3
t/modules/cgipost.t                   (Wstat: 0 Tests: 6 Failed: 1)
   Failed test:  4
t/modules/cgipost2.t                  (Wstat: 0 Tests: 6 Failed: 1)
   Failed test:  4
t/modules/cgiupload.t                 (Wstat: 0 Tests: 2 Failed: 1)
   Failed test:  1
t/modules/cgiupload2.t                (Wstat: 0 Tests: 2 Failed: 1)
   Failed test:  2

If I remember well, conn_rec.t is broken because of
remote_ip/remote_addr changes which I was not able to fix in the way
where it would work with both httpd-2.2 and httpd-2.4. I would vote to
stop shipping this compat code once we updated to 2.4.

All cgi*.t tests fails since commit r1491887.

Other tests are passes.

> Does anyone know if everything is passing with 2.2.x on Linux?

I can try that tomorrow, but as far as I remember the situation was
almost the same as with httpd24 branch - cgi*.t broken since the commit
I've mentioned, but compat was working (because it still uses 2.2 API,
so it works well with 2.2).

I can't talk about Windows, but on Linux I'm quite satisfied with
httpd24 branch (and probably also with new threading branch too). Tests
are passing and we have people here using httpd24 branch without any
problems (as far as I know).

> Maybe a wiki page is in order?
>
>     Jan Kaluza
>

>                 There are still numerous test failures to sort out (not
>                 just on
>                 Windows), plus a problem with the order of creating an
>                 interpreter vs.
>                 handling Require directive parsing that has just come to
>                 light (also
>                 presumably not just on Windows), which is mentioned in
>                 the commit
>                 message for revision 1539414. Assistance with resolving
>                 that would be
>                 greatly appreciated.
>
>                 After that, I think we could then be looking at merging
>                 it all into trunk :-)

> --
> Born in Roswell... married an alien...
> http://emptyhammock.com/