perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve.m....@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: httpd24 on Windows?
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 17:04:42 GMT
On 18 September 2013 12:31, Jan Kaluža <jkaluza@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 09/18/2013 12:46 PM, Steve Hay wrote:
>>
>> On 18 September 2013 11:32, Jan Kaluža <jkaluza@redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> what's the state of mod_perl httpd24 branch on Windows currently? I
>>> somehow
>>> got lost in the updates and I'm not sure what's the current state.
>>>
>>> Does it compile and work properly if you build against httpd-2.2? If it
>>> does, maybe we could do the merge and think about release even when it
>>> does
>>> not work currently on Windows with httpd-2.4.
>>>
>>> Lot of people are probably interested in mod_perl for Linux and not
>>> releasing working code just because of Windows build seems to be bad idea
>>> me. Maybe we could get more people to try fixing mod_perl on Windows
>>> using
>>> this strategy too.
>>>

>> This sounds like a good plan, but can I get back to you on this in a
>> few days time? I'm currently waylaid with the release of perl-5.19.4
>> and I've forgotten myself where I got to with this on Windows!
>>

> Great :). I've just wanted to resurrect this discussion after a while.

I've tried the current httpd24 branch with Apache Lounge's 2.4.6 and
my own build of Perl 5.19.4. The build works fine but the test suite
crashes httpd.exe in t/api/add_config.t ("free from wrong pool"),
which I'm sure was not happening for me previously.

I must have been using an older Perl than that before. I will try some
older Perls and/or different Apaches to see if it makes a difference.
Does the 2.4.6 + 5.19.4 combination work for you in non-Windows-land?