perl-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kalu┼ża <jkal...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [httpd24 branch] apr-ext crashes
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:36:10 GMT
On 07/29/2013 10:54 AM, Steve Hay wrote:
> Ok, I've found the problem: Apache2::Build::apr_generation() is now returning 2 instead
of 1, but the apxs scripts on Windows are still called ap[ru]-1-config.bat.

> I could easily tweak apr_generation() to account for that, but I guess the correct fix
is to change apxs on Windows?

Hm, I build it with following options on Linux, so I presume it skips
this check:
          MP_APXS=/usr/bin/apxs \
          MP_APR_CONFIG=%{_bindir}/apr-1-config

After discussion with Joe Orton I think it would be better to use APR
generation 1 even for httpd-2.4, so the proper fix would be to change
apr_generation() method to return 1. Httpd-2.4 is still intended to be
compiled with APR-1.x. Maybe in the past it was not like that and
therefore we have that code there, but current state is like I said.

> Where does apxs come from on *nix? On Windows I've long used the one at
> http://perl.apache.org/dist/win32-bin/apxs_win32-0.6.tar.gz
> with a minor (local) change to line 107 of apxs_win32. Really I'd like to put out a 0.7,
but I've no idea how to create
> http://perl.apache.org/dist/win32-bin/apxs_win32-0.7.tar.gz

It's normally built together with httpd (since 'apxs' is part of httpd
source code) and then include in Linux (Fedora/Debian/...) binary package.

> Shall I make a 0.7 and put it in, say, http://people.apache.org/~stevehay/, for now,
and then look at updating the perl.apache.org location later if someone knows how to?

I don't know what changed in apxs between 2.2 and 2.4. I would just try
if it compiles with apr_generation() returning 1 and if it does, then
you probably don't have to do anything.

Regards,
Jan Kaluza