perl-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kaluža <jkal...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [httpd24 branch] merge with trunk?
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:25:56 GMT
On 07/15/2013 02:58 PM, Steve Hay wrote:
> Jan Kaluža wrote on 2013-07-15:
>> On 07/15/2013 12:52 PM, Steve Hay wrote:> Jan Kaluža wrote on 2013-07-
>> 15:
>> the  >>>> server. I will look into that very soon...

>> you've  >>>> done in last week. I will review them and try to find out
>> what's wrong.

>> must  >>> be :-)  >>>  >>> I will look soon too if you
haven't beaten
>> me to it ;-)  >>>  >>  >> I think I have fixed that (together
with
>> some compiler warnings) in  >> r1503171. Hopefully it will still
>> compile properly on Windows. Please  >> inform me if this revision
>> works for you. All expected tests are  >> passing on Fedora in this
>> revision again.
>>>>

>>> At a quick glance I think it won't compile again because dTHXa and
>> dSP are declarations, which are now mixed up with code again.
>>
>> You are right. Maybe something like r1503193 could workaround that?
>> Although whole situation around that code is strange (see my FIXME
>> comment in the mentioned revision).
>>

> It now builds on Windows again.
>
> I've just rearranged it very slightly again in r1303215 to put back the early return
if the key is not found, like you had done in r1503171. I've also protected the modperl_interp_pool_select()
call and dTHXa() declaration with #ifdef USE_ITHREADS like other callers do.

It still works after these changes for me, so +1.

> Not sure what to say about the FIXME comment, but if modperl_interp_pool_select() can
now return NULL then the other callers should test for that too, rather than always blindly
dereferencing the return value.

> I will look at that shortly, but right now I still have it crashing on startup (with
or without revision r1303215), so we obviously didn't have the same crashing problem after
all :-/ I will try to fix that next.

I'm afraid I can't help you further here...

Regards,
Jan Kaluza