perl-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kalu┼ża <jkal...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Time for 2.0.8?
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 11:04:29 GMT
On 03/18/2013 03:15 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:
> +1. There was one issue I wanted to resolve with the YAML file using
> version_from insteas if version, but I will start the release wheels.
> This won't have httpd 2.4 compat yet correct?

Actually, I think Joe Orton committed some of my httpd-2.4 related
patches to trunk, but they are guarded by #ifdefs and do not affect the
code anyhow until you try to compile mod_perl against httpd-2.4. In this
case, you have to do the "make source_scan" and "make xs_generate"
exercise. So, current trunk contains some httppd-2.4 related changes,
but they are not used yet and you are not able to actually compile and
use mod_perl-trunk with httpd-2.4 yet. You have to use httpd-2.4 branch.

So, you are right. I just wanted to make it more accurate.

> On Mar 18, 2013 5:41 AM, "Adam Prime" <adam.prime@utoronto.ca
> <mailto:adam.prime@utoronto.ca>> wrote:
>
>     +1
>
>     On 03/18/2013 05:32 AM, Steve Hay wrote:
>      > The mod_perl trunk now contains a bunch of fixes for recent
>     versions of
>      > perl, especially with respect to changes to rehashing. These changes
>      > will be necessary for mod_perl to build with the forthcoming perl
>      > 5.18.0. That is due to be released on 18th May, and the perl repo
>     is in
>      > full code freeze from Wednesday (20th March) so in theory no further
>      > changes will be forthcoming which will require fixes to mod_perl.
>      >
>      > Therefore, it would be good to roll a new release of mod_perl
>     very soon
>      > so that we have a release which works with 5.18.0 when that gets
>      > released.
>      >
>      > For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@perl.apache.org
>     <mailto:dev-help@perl.apache.org>