perl-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kalu┼ża <jkal...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.4 make test
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 16:01:23 GMT
On 09/28/2012 05:50 PM, Andy Colson wrote:
> I'm attempting to fix a "make test" that is failing:
>
> $ t/TEST -verbose api/access
> ... lots of output ...
>
> # testing : auth_type
> # expected: none
> # received: undef
> not ok 8
> # testing : auth_type
> # expected: Basic
> # received: Basic
> ok 9
> ok 10
>

> After searching around a little (there are lots of generated files), I
> think I've come across the source:
>
> xs/Apache2/Access/Apache2__Access.h
>
> static MP_INLINE
> const char *mpxs_Apache2__RequestRec_auth_type(pTHX_ request_rec *r,
>                                                char *type)
> {
>      if (type) {
>          mpxs_insert_auth_cfg(aTHX_ r, "AuthType", type);
>      }
>
>      return ap_auth_type(r);
> }
>
> ap_auth_type():  Older doc say "If no authentication menthod is
> applicable, this routine returns NULL".  I cannot seem to find the
> function at http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr/1.4/index.html

Not sure if it's still actual, but this is not apr function, you can
find its definition as it's in 2.2 branch in http_core.h [1].

In 2.4, it returns NULL only when mod_authn_core is not loaded I think [2].

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/include/http_core.h?revision=1166612&view=markup

[2]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/server/core.c?revision=1373168&view=markup

> I'm not sure how this used to work... but would I want to do something
> like:
>

> static MP_INLINE
> const char *mpxs_Apache2__RequestRec_auth_type(pTHX_ request_rec *r,
>                                                char *type)
> {
>      if (type) {
>          mpxs_insert_auth_cfg(aTHX_ r, "AuthType", type);
>      }
>
>      const char *tmp = ap_auth_type(r);
>      if (! tmp){
>          return "none";
>      }
>      else {
>          return tmp;
>      }
> }
>

> am I in the right ballpark here?

I think this looks OK, but I don't have big experience with mod_perl :).
I'm not sure if you should not return Perl equivalent of NULL in this
case to do the same thing as ap_auth_type.

> -Andy

Regards,
Jan Kaluza