perl-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
Subject Re: Help Offered
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2012 04:55:29 GMT
On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 3:04 AM, Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm Tom Browder, a Perl  user with a fair amount of Perl, C, and C++
> experience.  I am upgrading my remote Apache server to 2.4.3 and want
> to use mod_perl.

Welcome!

> I have the mod_perl 2 svn trunk on my dev host running Ubuntu 11.04.
>
> How can I help get mod_perl 2 up and running on the latest Apache?

There are a few patches on the users and dev list in which some users
have shown they can compile mod_perl with Apache 2.4. Those need to be
reviewed, and revised such that Apache 2.x compatibility is maintained
if possible. This has been the general consensus regarding backwards
compatibility in the mod_perl 2.0 branch.

All tests should still pass, and then if you could submit a diff to
this list (doesn't have to be their version cleaned up, whatever you
think is best) then the developers here can review it and add the
patch to trunk. There's some symbol deprecation cleanup on the current
2.0.8 dev tip which I think resolves a 5.16.1 issue, so this could add
enough for a good 2.0.8 release.