perl-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Colson <a...@squeakycode.net>
Subject Apache 2.4 make test
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:50:07 GMT
I'm attempting to fix a "make test" that is failing:

$ t/TEST -verbose api/access
... lots of output ...

# testing : auth_type
# expected: none
# received: undef
not ok 8
# testing : auth_type
# expected: Basic
# received: Basic
ok 9
ok 10

After searching around a little (there are lots of generated files), I think I've come across
the source:

xs/Apache2/Access/Apache2__Access.h

static MP_INLINE
const char *mpxs_Apache2__RequestRec_auth_type(pTHX_ request_rec *r,
                                               char *type)
{
     if (type) {
         mpxs_insert_auth_cfg(aTHX_ r, "AuthType", type);
     }

     return ap_auth_type(r);
}

ap_auth_type():  Older doc say "If no authentication menthod is applicable, this routine returns
NULL".  I cannot seem to find the function at http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr/1.4/index.html

I'm not sure how this used to work... but would I want to do something like:

static MP_INLINE
const char *mpxs_Apache2__RequestRec_auth_type(pTHX_ request_rec *r,
                                               char *type)
{
     if (type) {
         mpxs_insert_auth_cfg(aTHX_ r, "AuthType", type);
     }

     const char *tmp = ap_auth_type(r);
     if (! tmp){
         return "none";