perl-dev mailing list archives

From Michiel Beijen <michiel.bei...@GMAIL.COM>
Subject Re: Windows binaries
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:33:59 GMT

Hi Steve,

> Steve Hay wrote:
>
> However, I'm unlikely to go ahead with this now anyway since there
> seems to be little need for it. That's good news, really, since it
> indicates that building mod_perl is not a difficult thing anyway :-)

It might be you asked on the wrong mailing list; or that other people are
subscribed to the wrong mailing lists :D
On the win32-perl mailing list people asked for updated mod_perl libraries
multiple times. And I tried to compile the module myself as well but failed
miserably. Mostly, because StrawberryPerl uses MinGW and Apache itself only
compiles with Visual Studio. And I also tried compiling a perl from scratch
with Visual Studio, but then I ran into the APXS issues which it seems you
fixed.

I used your supplied zip-files and they work for me perfectly! I think it
would be awesome if it would be possible to install a recent mod_perl on
either StrawberryPerl or ActiveState easily; or if you can make the
procedure you used to compile mod_perl on Windows available?

Hope to hear from you!
--
Mike