perl-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kalu┼ża <jkal...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl and httpd-2.4 - update
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:03:19 GMT
Hi,

I've been working on mod_perl and httpd-2.4 compatibility again. Current
status is that I'm able to compile mod_perl with httpd-2.4 on Fedora 17
(I haven't tested it on different systems) and "make test" more or less
works.

Since the last update it's huge step forward, because "make test" failed
just in the beginning previously and mod_perl with httpd-2.4 was quite
useless (just hello world examples worked).

With my latest patches [1] mod_perl looks usable to me and there are
only few tests which fails. Many of those tests have to be rewritten,
because the features they are testing have changed in httpd-2.4.

"Failed 19/242 test programs. 16/2701 subtests failed."

There are some controversial patches with hardcoded things which should
be fixed too, but I'm not the right person to come with right solution
so far.

1. 0020-Link-APR.so-against-libaprutil-1.patch
APR.so needs apr_bucket* functions which comes from aprutil, but it is
not linked against aprutil for me. I've hardcoded -laprutil-1 in the
Makefile.pl because I'm not sure how Build.pm is supposed to work.

2. 0023-Define-perl_module-in-Const.xs.patch
Thanks to modperl header files Const.so needs extern perl_module symbol
but this symbol is not defined in Const.xs. I've defined it there, but
this definitely need some clean solution.

[1] http://jkaluza.fedorapeople.org/mod_perl/

Regards,
Jan Kaluza