perl-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kaluža <jkal...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl and httpd-2.4
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 08:13:03 GMT
On 05/09/2012 09:40 AM, Jan Kaluža wrote:
> On 05/08/2012 06:26 AM, Fred Moyer wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Jan Kaluža<jkaluza@redhat.com> wrote:
>>> I've talked with Torsten about the mod_perl and httpd-2.4
>>> compatibility and
>>> he advised me to start discussion about this problem.
>>>
>>> Attached patch against httpd24 branch fixes the compilation with
>>> httpd-2.4.
>>> I was not able to generate xs using "make source_scan", so I've
>>> changed them
>>> manually. Should source_scan.pl work...?
>>
>> What changes to source_scan.pl did you have to make?
>
> So far I've the attached patch to compile mod_perl-2.0.6 against
> httpd-2.4. It's based on Stefan's patches. The only problem I have now
> is that after running source_scan and building mod_perl, ModPerl::Global
> is not included which causes later runtime failure. I'm not sure why it
> behaves like that and I'm in state of debugging this problem, but help
> is welcome.

Finally found out that CScan doesn't parse inline methods and this is
why ModPerl::Global is omitted. I've "fixed" this by adding defitions
for ModPerl::Global methods, so CScan parses them correctly now. The
proper fix would be probably to fix CScan, but I think my Perl knowledge
is not so good...

So, attached patch is everything I needed to compile modperl-2.0.6
against httpd-2.4.

Note that you have to run "make source_scan" and "make xs_generate" and
rerun MakeFile.pl before executing "make".

Regards,
Jan Kaluza