perl-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Förtsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE]: mod_perl-2.0.6 RC3
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 18:37:01 GMT
On Tuesday, 10 April 2012 10:28:53 Fred Moyer wrote:
> Guessing this is a 2.0.7 fix? Or would it need to be 2.4.0?

What are the requirements for one or the other? I think a modperl that
supports httpd 2.4 will not be completely backwards compatible.

However, this is a subject for discussion. Should it be as backwards
compatible as possible? I don't think so. Modperl is a layer that exposes the
httpd API more or less for Perl users. If that API changes we should adopt
these changes. But perhaps we should have a modperl for httpd 2.2 and another
one for 2.4.

A minor question is should we bind our version numbering to that of httpd?

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net