perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Hay" <Steve...@planit.com>
Subject RE: [RELEASE CANDIDATE]: mod_perl-2.0.6 RC2
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 09:06:03 GMT
Steve Hay wrote on 2012-02-21:
> Fred Moyer wrote on 2012-02-21:
>>
>> Huh, you're right.  Looks like my fault also. Not quite sure how
>> that happened.
>>
>> =item 0.11 August 21, 2010
>>
>> Add Apache-Test 1.34 dependency.
>> [Phred]
>>
>>> I like your idea about _01 versions.
>>
>> Given the uncovering of this other Apache-Reload issue, I'm more
>> inclined now to ship the updates to A:R and A:SL and then roll RC3.
>> Either way those changes should be committed to trunk I would think. I
>> can roll those other releases if you want to make those commits Steve.
>> I know this will slow down the release a bit, but shouldn't be too much
>> longer.
>>

> Actually, I don't think I was quite correct in saying that RC2
> "doesn't contain the last change put into 0.11". It's true that it
> doesn't have the last "0.11" Changes entry that appears in svn's copy
> of Changes (and it doesn't actually have that change in the code
> either), but neither does version 0.11 on CPAN!
>
> I think rather than svn's copy of Changes wrongly lists the first
> entry of 0.12-dev as the last entry of 0.11.
>
> Anyway, I'll commit my patch, and also fix that slip-up in A::R's
> Changes file. I'll leave it up to you whether you want to roll new
> A::R and A::SL releases or not. I'm easy either way.

Committed now as revisions 1291665-7. In the course of committing I found that the more up
to date versions of A::R and A::SL in svn (compared with RC2) wouldn't actually have suffered
the problem that I've just fixed anyway because their check_for_apache_test() functions didn't
return 0 when the environment is not set correctly anyway -- that code was removed in 1023549
and 1023551, but hadn't made it into RC2! However, I committed the changes anyway so that
-apxs gets set correctly rather than wrongly in case anything else wants to rely on it now
or in the future.