perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Hay" <Steve...@planit.com>
Subject RE: [RELEASE CANDIDATE]: mod_perl-2.0.6 RC2
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 08:24:54 GMT
Fred Moyer wrote on 2012-02-21:
>>> I think that's the best solution too, not least since the state of
>>> A::R in
>>> RC2 seems a little wonky anyway, claiming to be 0.11, but not
>>> including the last changed put into 0.11.
>
> Huh, you're right.  Looks like my fault also. Not quite sure how that
> happened.
>
> =item 0.11 August 21, 2010
>
> Add Apache-Test 1.34 dependency.
> [Phred]
>
>> I like your idea about _01 versions.
>
> Given the uncovering of this other Apache-Reload issue, I'm more
> inclined now to ship the updates to A:R and A:SL and then roll RC3.
> Either way those changes should be committed to trunk I would think.
> I can roll those other releases if you want to make those commits
> Steve.  I know this will slow down the release a bit, but shouldn't be
> too much longer.

Actually, I don't think I was quite correct in saying that RC2 "doesn't contain the last change
put into 0.11". It's true that it doesn't have the last "0.11" Changes entry that appears
in svn's copy of Changes (and it doesn't actually have that change in the code either), but
neither does version 0.11 on CPAN!

I think rather than svn's copy of Changes wrongly lists the first entry of 0.12-dev as the
last entry of 0.11.

Anyway, I'll commit my patch, and also fix that slip-up in A::R's Changes file. I'll leave
it up to you whether you want to roll new A::R and A::SL releases or not. I'm easy either
way.