perl-dev mailing list archives

From rich...@ecos.de
Subject RE: Embperl & STDOUT/IN in mod_perl 2.0.5
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 15:32:28 GMT
Hi,

> PerlIO *fp;
> if (!(fp = IoOFP(GvIOn(gv_fetchpv("STDOUT", GV_ADD, SVt_PVIO))))) {
>   # bad handle
>   # check perhaps if IoIFP returns something. If so, the handle is
>   # read-only. To get an fp for reading us IoIFP.
> }
> PerlIO_write(fp, ...)

[[GR]]  This works :-)

> Please don't think I am an expert on this.

[[GR]] At least you have more practice with codeing XS then myself (since for the last few
years I didn't done much XS stuff)

 > I think what I have said is correct
> according to the code. Unfortunately this piece of perl is quite
> undocumented.

[[GR]] At least nowadays XS and perlapi are a little bit more documented then when I started
Embperl 14 years ago, but there is still a lot of magic inside of Perl.

Thanks for your help

Gerald