perl-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
Subject [vote] Submit a motion to the ASF board to exempt Apache::* from the official release process
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 02:55:52 GMT
Getting the releases out for our sub distributions such as
Apache::Reload,Apache::SizeLimit,Apache::DBI has been a challenge.
With our current release processes, we need twelve +1 votes (3 for
core, 3 for AT/ASL/AR) to release a version of mod_perl with Apache::*
changes, whereas most ASF projects may only need three +1 votes to
release a new version.  We need this exemption since those modules are
under the ASF license.

We have enough feedback from httpd core during Apache::Test releases
that I think we can still go with the standard release process.  But
this motion I propose to submit would exempt said modules from those
official release process needs.

Please vote!

Text of proposed motion:

'The mod_perl PMC petitions the ASF board to exempt the
Apache::Sizelimit, Apache::Reload, Apache::DBI, and Apache::Reload
modules to skip over the normal release rules governing ASF project
releases and be released directly to CPAN.  With the large number of
sub-projects the mod_perl project has spawned, the number of votes to
do a major mod_perl release can reach 12, which is 4x as much as some
other ASF projects.  Apache::Test continues to have participation from
httpd core members, and as such is consistently able to get enough
votes for releases, and does not need this exemption.'