perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Hay" <Steve...@planit.com>
Subject RE: Anything left before 2.0.6?
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 16:37:39 GMT
Torsten Förtsch wrote on 2011-06-28:
> On Tuesday, June 28, 2011 00:26:56 Fred Moyer wrote:
>> I am planning to roll some release candidates next week.  I think
>> we've tested against 5.14, and there was the LWP 6.x issue that
>> doesn't seem to be a blocker.  Anything else?
>  Would be nice if I had the httpd 2.4 port ready. But I wouldn't see
> that as a blocker at all.
>
> A few weeks ago I called for testing with 5.14. There was no reply.
> Optimistically we can take this as "no problems encountered",
> pessimistically as "no one bothered to test". But perhaps a release
> candidate will get more attention (hopefully). Anyway, I think it's time.

I've belatedly got round to testing modperl/trunk with perl-5.14.1 (and httpd-2.2.17) on Windows
XP (using VS2010).

It builds fine except for a minor wobble from Makefile.PL saying

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at lib/Apache2/Build.pm line 1725.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at lib/Apache2/Build.pm line 1725.
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Note (probably harmless): No library found for /src/modules/perl/.lib

for each of Apache2::Reload and Apache2::SizeLimit. I've not seen that happen before but it
didn't stop it from building normally otherwise.

It also tests fine except for apache/subprocess tests 2-5, which I *have* seen many times
before: that's been failing for quite a while now, so shouldn't hold up release of 2.0.6.
(I really should look into why it's failing one day...)

So it's a +1 from me, FWIW.