perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Fwd: Apache::DBI 1.07+ causing segfaults
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 15:41:56 GMT
The list manages this now.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Apache::DBI 1.07+ causing segfaults
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 23:06:25 -0500
From: Richard Chen <richard@doubleprime.com>
To: pgollucci@p6m7g8.com

Hi Philip,

	In order to make use of the ChildExitHandler introduced
in 1.09, we upgraded Apache::DBI from 1.06 to 1.10. But we immediately
see seg faults for every request. The problem is traced back
to the line 160 of Apache::DBI 1.10:

            # We may not actually be in a request, but in <Perl> (or
            # equivalent such as startup.pl), in which case this would die.
            eval { $r = Apache2::RequestUtil->request };

	In v. 1.06 $r is not used but $s is used. And no seg faults
occur. What is the rational for this change?

	Also, there is no testing on $@ right after the above eval.
As a good practice, Apache::DBI should have checked such issues.
Once I introduce the test, I see error like

Global $r object is not available. Set:
        PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
in httpd.conf at /u01/perlgem_www/server/site_perl_debug/Apache/DBI.pm
line 160.

But adding

	PerlOptions +GlobalRequest

does not have any effect.

Please let me know if there is a work around for this or should I

Thanks for any info.

Regards

Richard Chen