perl-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Prime <adam.pr...@utoronto.ca>
Subject Re: modperl - quo vadis?
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 21:19:05 GMT

> - how long do we want to support old perl versions?

I think we should use the same policy that the perl core uses, which is
here:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/perl/pod/perlpolicy.pod

This would mean the currently, we are only explicitly supporting 5.10
and 5.12, assuming i'm reading it right.

> - can we really support windows?

I don't know if there is expertise within the PMC with regards to
windows anymore since Randy's passing.  That said, there are windows
resources out there that could possibly be tapped, the strawberry perl
people, #win32.

For the TODO stuff, a lot of those things sound like good ideas, and i
would do what i can to support them happening, but i don't really have
the C foo to work on it.  I can however write tests, and am up for doing
that.

Adam