perl-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
Subject Re: Environment variable cheat sheet
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 21:15:36 GMT
On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Philip M. Gollucci
<pgollucci@p6m7g8.com> wrote:
> On 9/11/2010 3:12 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:
>> There's gotten to be too many environment variables for me to keep
>> track of in my head, so I put together this cheat sheet:
>>
>> http://www.redhotpenguin.com/mp_env_cheatsheet.html
> why not edit the perl.a.o site docs ?

Wasn't sure where to put it, and this is still in idea mode.

>> As for the authoritative source for what mod_perl version should be
>> used, it seems like MOD_PERL_API_VERSION is a good candidate, as
>> opposed to MOD_PERL_2_BUILD.  I may rework Apache::Bootstrap to use
>> MOD_PERL_API_VERSION.
> I thought we had std on require the require modperl and modperl::VERSION
> junk ?

I don't follow what you are saying there.

> There will come a day when mp1/ap1 dies.  Its sooner then you think.

I wouldn't say that it 'dies' per se, but noting that Apache has end
of lifed 1.3, I think that it makes sense to focus resources on 2.x
going forward.