perl-dev mailing list archives

From Vick Khera <kh...@kcilink.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl on github
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:53:02 GMT

On Aug 30, 2010, at 4:50 AM, Clinton Gormley wrote:

> This weekend, I was looking to see what had happened to make mod_perl2
> compile with Perl 5.12, and was having a hard time making much sense out
> of the svn repository.

It makes perfect sense to me :-)

> I thought, "this would be so much easier, and faster, in git"

I think that would make it much harder for me :-(

We use the apache resources, and that implies svn.  I think having a copy on github will cause
confusion to newcomers and people searching for mod_perl source who do not know the official
location, especially if it is not kept up-to-date.