perl-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: svn commit: r987890 - in /perl/Apache-Test/trunk: Changes lib/Apache/TestConfigPerl.pm
Date Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:46:58 GMT
2010/8/22 Torsten Förtsch <torsten.foertsch@gmx.net>:
> On Sunday, August 22, 2010 20:02:05 Fred Moyer wrote:
>> I put out a release candidate for Apache-Test 1.33 yesterday.  Did you
>> see the email come through?  An archive copy of it is located here:
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/dev/101934
> However, I think that change should go to the release. It fixes a bug that can
> cause errors that are difficult to trace.

Having encountered these errors before, I know they exist.  However,
can you update the docs to provide some example usage?  When I set
this variable, this happens on make test:

You specified APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES=1 in which case you
must explicitly specify -httpd and/or -apxs options

And then make test -httpd=.... isn't something that will work.
Neither will it as a makefile arg.  Can you add example usage for
those like me who know the hooks exist, but can't ever remember the
syntax?

phred@pooky ~/dev/svn/modperl/Apache-Test $ perl Makefile.PL
-httpd=/Users/phred/dev/sl/httpd/sbin/httpd
generating script t/TEST
generating script ./t/cgi-bin/cookies.pl
generating script ./t/cgi-bin/next_available_port.pl
'-HTTPD' is not a known MakeMaker parameter name.