perl-dev mailing list archives

From mer...@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
Subject Re: perl5.10.1 and mod_perl 2.0.4 break on "my_perl"
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:45:12 GMT
>>>>> "Torsten" == Torsten Förtsch <torsten.foertsch@gmx.net> writes:

Torsten> On Thursday, August 12, 2010 20:31:42 Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
>> useithreads=undef, usemultiplicity=define

Torsten> This is your problem. Either both or none should be defined but not only one
Torsten> of them.

Is this combo being unsupported new for Perl5.10?

Macports builds the "+shared" version by defining "-Duseshrplib", which
appears to define MULTIPILICITY.  It does *not define "-Dusethreads"
unless I also add "+threads".

This worked just fine with Perl 5.8.  I had mod_perl 2.0.4 together with
the "+shared" version of Perl 5.8.

Was this always an invalid combo?  Should I report a bug against
Macports that +shared should set both?  And if so, what else would that
break?