perl-dev mailing list archives

From mer...@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
Subject Re: perl5.10.1 and mod_perl 2.0.4 break on "my_perl"
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:54:07 GMT

>> This worked just fine with Perl 5.8.  I had mod_perl 2.0.4 together with
>> the "+shared" version of Perl 5.8.
Philip> They might have changed what +shared implied but AFAIK, the perl version
Philip> is irrelevant.

Ahh.  Turns out the perl5.10 portfile defines -Dusemultiplicity=y
unconditionally, and that wasn't mentioned *anywhere* (even for a
variant) in the perl5.8 portfile.

Now to file a bug report against macports.

Thanks for helping me track this down.