perl-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Förtsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Fwd: svn commit: r987890 - in /perl/Apache-Test/trunk: Changes lib/Apache/TestConfigPerl.pm
Date Sun, 22 Aug 2010 20:54:40 GMT
On Sunday, August 22, 2010 22:35:16 Fred Moyer wrote:
> Apache-Test's biggest drawback
> is lots and lots of hidden hooks and variables that very few people
> know how to use, and are not straightforward to find in the docs.

Very true. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people you mention. I have
poked around a bit, read much of the code but I can't say I understand it
completely.

Currently I am chasing for example the following bug. "make test" works for
one of my modules. "t/TEST -start-httpd; t/TEST -run-tests" fails. The started
server listens on 3 ports (VHosts). The test script uses the follwing code to
get the addresses of those VHosts:

Apache::TestRequest::module 'ssl';
$sslhostport=Apache::TestRequest::hostport;
t_debug "Using HTTPS @ $sslhostport";

Apache::TestRequest::module 'default';
$hostport=Apache::TestRequest::hostport;
t_debug "Using HTTP @ $hostport";

Now, it happens that when the server is started one set of ports is allocated
when the test runs t/conf/apache_test_config.pm is overwritten with another
set of ports. Don't know if it's my fault or Apache::Test's.

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net