perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: lets not forget we are a CTR PMC
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:41:41 GMT
On 10-04-16 15:01 , Fred Moyer wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 8:42 PM, Philip M. Gollucci
> <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com> wrote:
>> Thats Commit Then Review.  Its a VC we can always revert things.
>
> True, but I think that reverting things rarely (if ever) happens.
>
>> The RTC (Review Then Committ) suggestion is only for new committers while
>> they get acclimated. Unless its some massive architectural change which will
>> probably be prose explanation anyway.
>
> I think this is still worthwhile even for veteran committers (note
> that I'm not one of those!).  Once code is committed, I think there is
> less motivation to review it, but that's just my opinion.

Yes, but there is nothing wrong with asking for a few set of eyeballs to
have a look at code before checking it in.

I am very comfortable complaining or reverting what I think is bad code
getting checked in. OTOH, if you want to post patches and ask for review
*before* you commit, I don't mind at all.

I think it's a matter of coder's confidence in the code in question.

But yeah, it's good to clarify that if you got a commit bit, you don't
*need* to wait for +1s, review, or anything else before landing changes.