perl-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Apache::Test problem
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:39:04 GMT
Hi,

I thought I had found an issue in t/api/add_config.t but the problem is
probably AT.

t/api/add_config.t creates a vhost. If I start httpd
with "t/TEST -start-httpd" a new configuration is created in
t/conf/apache_test_config.pm and the shows the correct vhost=>port
mapping:

  'TestAPI::add_config' => {
                            'hostport' => 'localhost:8567',

httpd runs and I can connect to localhost:8567 and run the test via
curl.

Now, if I try to run the test via "t/TEST -verbose -run-tests
t/api/add_config.t" it tries to connect to a completely different port:

# connecting to http://localhost:8607/TestAPI__add_config/

The point is, t/TEST overwrites t/conf/apache_test_config.pm or rather
reconfigures the system. But now the default ports at 8529 upwards are
in use. So, it assigns new ones. This must be prevented in
the -run-tests case. I think the whole reconfig thing should be skipped
with -run-tests.

Does anyone know where to lay hands on or do I have to figure it out
myself?

Torsten