perl-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Prime <adam.pr...@utoronto.ca>
Subject Re: Apache::DBI
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 19:01:53 GMT
Continuing discussion from off list.

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Fred Moyer wrote:
>> On 7/21/09 6:58 AM, Adam Prime wrote:
>>> If it get a new release ready, can / will one of you guys release it?
>>> You both have co-maint on cpan.
>>
>> I'd like to see some patches hit the list with test results first.  I
>> saw the bug reports come in but haven't had a chance to review them.
>
> Not sure how much time you want to spend, but I overhauled AuthDBI on
> the branch 100% its not quite done yet though, but it should actually be
> testable with Apache-Test now.

What I wanted to do was fix this issue:

either by checking the various server starting variables for each of the
apis, or simply throwing an eval around the push_handler.

and incorporate this patch from the list:

http://marc.info/?l=apache-modperl&m=124810297118194&w=2

with a bit more error checking.

There are a number of other issues in RT that could be looked at too.

If AuthDBI has been rewritten in a branch, i would propose that it stay
there for the moment, and we get the new version of Apache::DBI out,
with the existing version of AuthDBI, then merge and release that later.

In either case I'd probably want to push a dev version to CPAN, and get
feedback from the list before pushing a full release to CPAN.  I'm not
exactly familiar with voting and release managing and all that stuff,
and to be honest, I didn't even realize that Apache::DBI was in the
mod_perl svn repo.

Adam