perl-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: "Too many arguments for subroutine" after convert to mod_perl
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 08:32:26 GMT
On Wed 04 Mar 2009, csross wrote:
> I am converting some cgi scripts to enable them to run under
> mod_perl.  I have one script that I defined as a package and
> reference it via the package name in the calling program.  That
> eliminated my "undefined subroutine" errors but I just got one I do
> not know.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> I am getting the error
>
> [error] Too many arguments for packagesubs::getResultSet at
> /usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin2/launch_frm.cgi line 209, near
> "$strSQL)"\n

First of all, this is the wrong list for the question. The "dev" list is
for developing modperl itself. Use the users list
modperl@perl.apache.org instead.

> In my calling program I have
>
> $sth = packagesubs::getResultSet($strSQL);
>
> In the called program I have
>
> package packagesubs;
>
> sub getResultSet()

And secondly, the modperl users isn't the right auditorium either for
this particular question since it's not modperl-related:

$ perl -e 'sub x(){} x(1)'
Too many arguments for main::x at -e line 1, at end of line

Take your copy of "Programming Perl" and reread the part about
prototypes.

Torsten

--
Need professional mod_perl support?