perl-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Handler leakage
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 08:14:47 GMT
On Mon 02 Mar 2009, Torsten Foertsch wrote:
> The reason can be found in modperl_handler.c. Each time /handler is
> called a new closure is stored in $PL_modglobal{ANONSUB}{$id}.
> Unfortunately the closure is never deleted from the hash I believe.
> So since $self is in the pad each time /handler is called a reference
> is added to $My::XX from the closure.

Just a thought, I think we must distinguish between 2 cases. A) a
dynamic handler declared before the interpreters are started and B) a
dynamic handler declared at runtime.

In the former case the current behavior is perhaps correct. But in the
latter I think the dynamic handler should bind the interpreter to the
request/thread just like a pool cleanup does.

Thoughts?

Torsten

--
Need professional mod_perl support?