perl-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
Subject [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Bootstrap 0.05 rc1
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 01:17:56 GMT
Greetings,

Apache::Bootstrap 0.05 release candidate 1 is available for testing and review:

http://people.apache.org/~phred/Apache-Bootstrap-0.05-rc1.tar.gz

If you write or maintain modules that use both mod_perl1 and
mod_perl2, you may appreciate this module.  It is designed to take the
pain out of dual life-ing mod_perl based modules, and provides
bootstrapping functions to detect installed mod_perl versions and "do
the right thing".  A lot of the logic in this code was lifted from
versions that have been floating around in Apache::Reload,
Apache::SizeLimit, etc., so hopefully it has some collected wisdom
from the efforts made by most of the mod_perl developers in
bootstrapping Apache::* modules.  I can personally testify to the pain
of dual lifeing modules, as I spend most of my mod_perl hacking time
in 2007 on this problem, and bugging gozer, geoff, and pgolluci about
it.

Please download, test, and report back.  Version 0.04_02 has been on
CPAN for a while now, and the testers haven't really found any
failures IIRC, and there haven't been many changes to 0.05.  Thanks!