perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Food for thought / looking for something to do ?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:01:34 GMT
HTTPD PMC:
-------------
   deprecate prefork, work, event
   switch to simplempm in 2.4
   import mod_wombat to trunk
   replace ap_config.c with mod_wombat

   (pull C portion of apreq to httpd trunk)

   they will stop releasing httpd 2.0.x except security when the first
	2.3 alphas come out (<6 months)

mod_perl PMC:
--------------
   Incubate Apache-Bootstrap
   Get Apache::Reload, Apache::Dispatch, Apache-DBI to use it
   Can we move Apache-DBI from svn.perl.org to svn.apache.org ?

   mod_perl 2.0.5:
      fix svn 1.4+ RM distribution code
      release it with correct modules bundled

   apreq releease 2.10
      this is long over due, I dropped the ball as RM

   apreq release 1.34
      isac seems to be busy, we should get this out, its stalled

mod_perl 2.0.5 is out, apreq 2.10 is out, apreq 1.34 is out THEN:

BREAK trunk to all hell:
mod_perl trunk becomes 2.2.0-dev, trunk is moved to branches/2.0.x
o) Switch to APR 1.x as 0.9.x nearly obsolete I can't thing of anything
	other than us that really uses it officially.
o) #1 allows us to also drop httpd 2.0.x SWING!
	(see httpd pmc plans above)
o) Fix XS generation code (so I can help build the 1.x
	bindings for APR)
o) drop gcc < 4.x, I couldn't compile 2.0.49 with gcc32 even if I wanted
	to.....
o) more perl 5.10 testing]
o) catch up with httpd 2.2.x API additions / changes particular the
	mod_auth* rewrite

RELEASE 2.2.0

o) mod_dbd XS glue or a separate dist, but under our PMC
o) prepare for the onslaught of thread hell with mod_wombat and simple

RELEASE 2.2.1

Apache-Test:
-------------
   lots of code refers to cvs.a.o, that needs to be converted

RT CPAN bugs:
-----------------
Apache-DBI 		3 	3 	1
Apache-Peek 		0 	0 	0
Apache-Reload 		2 	2 	0
Apache-SizeLimit 	0 	1 	0
Apache-Status-DBI 	0 	1 	0
Apache-Test 		3 	5 	0
B-LexInfo 		0 	1 	0
B-Size 	1 		0 	0
libapreq 		9 	1 	0
libapreq2 		17 	2 	0
mod_perl 		14 	2 	0

I'm deep in the middle of the Apache-DBI bugs I spent a good amount of
time at apachecon rewriting Apache-AuthDBI from nearly scratch, not done
yet though.

Consultant - P6M7G8 Inc.  http://p6m7g8.net
Senior System Admin - RideCharge, Inc.  http://ridecharge.com

Work like you don't need the money,