perl-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
Subject Apache::DBI 1.07 requires global $r
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 21:40:11 GMT
Just ran into this issue with Apache::DBI 1.07:

[Sun Jul 13 14:16:02 2008] [error] Global $r object is not available. Set:
         PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
in httpd.conf at /home/phred/dev/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/Apache/DBI.pm
line 144.

Traced it from a bug report to:

and then

I see a couple issues with the patch that caused this, but I'm not sure
what problem the patch was trying to solve.

I can offer up some tuits to release 1.08 and roll that patch back.  I'm
not sure how many users are using global $r with mod_perl, but I would
guess that the global request is a bigger issue than the problem which
the patch was supposed to solve.